How Charlestonian Are You – Ultimate Charleston Daily Quiz
Here is an opportunity to test the strength of your Charleston foundation. Are you truly a member of the finest community in the country or just passing through town? Take this 25 question quiz and see how Charlestonian you really are. Feel free to print the questionnaire and answer sheet and play along with family and friends.
Remember: No Cheating!!!! No internet, library, smartphones, phone a friend or ask a professor.
1. Name two Pat Conroy books, from memory.
2. Name five Charleston County Parks.
3. How many pets have you rescued?
4. What do the following acronyms stand for:
5. Name all three of Charleston’s professional sports teams.
6. What year did Charleston stop using mini bottles?
7. What was the name of the major record store on the corner of King and Calhoun Street prior to it being Walgreens?
8. How many Cooper River Bridge Runs have you participated in?
(Can be run/walk/volunteer)
9. What was the date Hugo hit Charleston?
10. Who is the #1 seller of PBR in the US? Hint: It’s on the Peninsula
11. What current NY Yankees star was a College of Charleston graduate?
12. Where is Barn Jam held?
13. Do tourists bug you?
14. Which state do you hate people from most?
__ New York
__ New Jersey
__ All of the Above
15. Clemson, Carolina, or some other team?
16. Do you own a boat, kayak, or jet ski?
17. Do you surf or S.U.P.?
18. Is your air conditioning off between May and October?
19. Do you like shrimp and grits?
20. For a weekend get-a-way, would you rather spend it…
__Walking around the historic streets of Savannah, Ga
__Tanning on the sands of Myrtle Beach
__Hiking in the mountains of Asheville, NC
21. Who is Charleston’s Best Friend?
a. a dog b. a truck
c. a train d. Savannah
22. Are you happy that Boeing came to Charleston?
__ Yes __ No __ Don’t Really Care
23. How many pairs of flip flops do you own?
24. Which Charleston native signed the Declaration of Independence?
25. Did you live in Charleston prior to Joe Riley being mayor?