What can you say about Charleston Waterfront Park. ?So many wonderful things.
It is like frolicking through Wonderland or skipping through OZ.
Maybe I am laying this on a bit too thick.? Ok, I will scale back a bit.
Each day hundred of people flock to the park for a job, picnic, nap, swing with someone you love, fishing off the pier, practice gymnastics, walking the dogs, watching sailboats in the harbor, taking pictures, posing for pictures, dancing in the fountain or just people watching.? It is a flourishing strip of palmetto trees, green grass, harbor winds and comforting thoughts.
For those that take pride in this scenic haven or those that have yet to experience its beauty, here are a few things you may not know about Charleston Waterfront Park:
1. ?Beautiful view of the harbor. ?Whether you just want to lay on a blanket with someone you love and watch the sailboats or have a family picnic, the view in perfect.? There are several blocks of green grassy pasture to plot your butt down on or benches by the Pinapple Fountain and dirt path.? Maybe even take a swing on the pier.
2. ?A giant pineapple fountain. ?If I need to say more, you should stop reading.? This iconic fountain is the fabric of our community.? It is a symbol of Southern innocence and tradition.? With a backdrop of palmetto trees, blue skies and harbor waters, this fountain has posed for many pictures in its day.
3. ?Free city operated art gallery. ?See we even toss in a little culture.? This two floor city owned and operated galleries offers exhibit from sculpture to photography to paintings that change on a regular basis.? If you have only visited once or twice, take a walk through next time you are at the park.
4. ?A fountain for the kids to run in and get wet. ?Fun Fun Fun especially in the heat of the summer.? Don’t get scared in October when the water turns pink.? That is in respect for breast cancer awareness.
5. ?A pier with swings. ?What can be more romantic than that.?? A cool breeze and someone you care about in your arms.? This is a great activity for right after a downtown dinner as the sun is setting.
6.? You can fish off the pier. ?Lots of options there.? Don’t forget, you need a permit.
7. ?Great people watching. ?Lots of photography sessions, runners, walkers, kids and even a few silly things.
8. ?Free WiFi. ?I said it. ?FREE WiFi. ?Grab it now.
9.? Dirt path for bikers, runners, walkers, strollers and pets.
There you have it. ?The top reasons to enjoy Waterfront Park in downtown Charleston.? Some of you may have already been aware while others may have learned a thing or two.? Either way, I hope we kindled a fire and get you to spend a nice fall day or evening by the water.