We can’t fight it anymore.? We live in an app world.? A mobile, on the go, app world.? All the predictions of the future are coming true and now our lives are literally at our fingertips.? What better way to celebrate our acceptance of technology, than with a list of some of the best Charleston, SC area apps.
Whether you are a visitor or a local, there is value in each of these options.? Most can be found in the Apple, Android or Google App Stores.? Many are free, but some have a nominal fee.
Excellent Charleston Area Apps
- Traveler of Charleston – Find things to do in Charleston SC with this easy to use app. Find attractions, tours, plantations, shops and restaurants with ease using the GPS and mapping feature. Sort by what’s closest, redeem coupons, and communicate with us on social networks. Designed for visitors and locals looking for fun things to do in Charleston South Carolina.
- Charleston SC – Find Charleston, SC dining, entertainment, golf, hotel, nightlife, service and shopping information that includes business contact information, location, directions, virtual tours, mobile apps and daily deals.
- Plan It SC – Post & Courier – Discover amazing things to do, events, concerts, happy hours, bars, restaurants, deals and more. Create plans with friends, buy tickets, share events and enter contests right from the PlanIt SC app.
- Historic Walking Tour – Walk throughout cities using our guided map and listen to an audio history. Available in the Apple iTunes App Store and Google Play Store!
- Live 5 News Mobile App – Live 5 News is excited to announce the release of a brand new app for your Android phone,?iPhone and Blackberry!?Our new app features more news content, more?video and a display that you can tailor to your own?preference.
- ABC News Mobile Apps – This iOS and Android app offers on-the-go updates of ABCNews4’s daily coverage of news, sports and weather. Download it and take it with you to read whenever and wherever you want.
- WCBD News Mobile App – The WCBD News 2?News app is getting some of your most requested upgrades, providing you with more ways to customize the news and weather you receive each day.
- InTown.com Mobile App – From Food to Fun, InTown is your virtual guide to what’s going on in and around town. Whether you’re looking for what to do, a restaurant, happy hour, sporting event or planning the next family outing InTown allows you to plan ahead, or on the fly. InTown is “in the know on where to go”!? Download the free App!
- PalmettoQuest – Learn & play while you tour historic Charleston, South Carolina!? Answer multiple-choice questions as you explore an area rich with history, using the information you find in the city.
- Holy City Hospitality – With eight unique dining concepts throughout Charleston, Holy City Hospitality has a venue for any occasion, no matter the size or style of cuisine. Holy City Hospitality brings inventive combinations of the freshest seasonal ingredients together with accommodating, thoughtful service to inspire memorable experiences. Our philosophy is simply consistent hospitality, from the kitchen to the table.
- Charleston Restaurant Association App – The Charleston Restaurant Association (CRA) is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit trade organization serving the Charleston area restaurant industry. The CRA serves as the voice of its members on government and public relations issues. It also provides programs that offer operational benefits and create opportunities for members. The CRA represents the largest private sector employer in the tri-county area and its members are the cornerstone of the Charleston area community and economy. The CRA is part of the National Restaurant Association.
- Cooper River Bridge Run App – All you need for the biggest race weekend in Charleston.
- Charleston Essential Guide – The Charleston Essential Guide iPhone app, written by Charleston local Liz Rennie of MD Design. The app is divided into categories like: Bring Jr., Shop, Stay and Enjoy (local favorite). The app features lots of free activities for guests of the Holy City too!
Bringing Charleston into the palm of your hands.