COLUMBIA, S.C. — As first announced Nov. 21, the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) will not report daily COVID-19 numbers on New Year’s Day. Data that would be reported January 1 will be available online the following day.
Additionally, while DHEC will continue to provide daily COVID-19 updates on the agency’s webpage, beginning Jan. 2, 2021, the same information that’s provided at scdhec.gov/COVID19 will no longer be reported out in a duplicative news release. DHEC will publicly announce on its social media platforms when the webpage was been updated with new COVID-19 data for the day. The exact same information that has been presented in daily news release is available on the main COVID-19 webpage that will continue to be updated each day.
DHEC will continue to issue news releases announcing new and important information about the state’s COVID-19 response and will continue to keep South Carolinians updated on the most current and factual information. For the latest information regarding COVID-19 vaccine, scdhec.gov/vaxfacts.
South Carolina Daily COVID-19 Update (December 31, 2020)
The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) today announced the following COVID-19 updates.
Today’s cases and deaths (scdhec.gov/COVID19)
- New confirmed/probable total cases: 3,234/150 Summary click here
- New confirmed/probable total deaths: 39/8 Summary click here
Cumulative totals (scdhec.gov/COVID19)
- Confirmed and probable cases: 283,424/24,083
- Confirmed and probable deaths: 4,885/411
- Tests performed for South Carolinians: 3,663,351
Testing opportunities (scdhec.gov/COVID19testing)
- Testing opportunities available statewide: 280
Percent positive (scdhec.gov/COVID19dashboard)
- 10,369 individual test results reported statewide yesterday (not including antibody tests)
- 31.2% percent positive
- Hospital data (daily): scdhec.gov/COVID19hospitals
- Extended care facility data (Tuesdays and Fridays): scdhec.gov/nursinghomedata
- Assisted living visitation status (Tuesdays): scdhec.gov/nursinghomedata
- Private, public and charter schools (Tuesdays and Fridays): scdhec.gov/covid19schools
The information above as well as extensive reporting on county-level information, demographics and more is available at scdhec.gov/COVID19. The website is updated between 1 p.m.-3 p.m. weekdays and 11 a.m.-1 p.m. weekends. Visit scdhec.gov/COVID19vaccine for the latest vaccine information.